Tuesday 27 February 2018

It has been a long time....

My last post on this blog was in June 2017 and now I think it is time to explain to those who subscribe to my blog the reasons why there has been little information.

It has taken me a long time to be able to put this in public but I now feel the time is right.

At the beginning of 2017 I started to suffer from panic attacks and feeling quite insecure in public places.   It took me awhile to get this sorted with some medication but at this time I feel much better.

During the spring/summer time I started to suffer pains in my joints which got to a point it became difficult to walk so after many tests (ironic pause) I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis which means a lifetime of drugs and some weird side effects.from such drugs.  It has taken a good 3-4 months to get that under control.

Then at Christmas 2017 everything started to fall apart first my sister in law was diagnosed with Breast Cancer which has required surgery and all the after effects that entails. 

Then on top of that during a routine checkup my wife, Tracy, was also diagnosed with breast cancer.  The cancer type she has is very fast growing and aggressive and Tracy has now started a regime of chemo before surgery.  With all the side effects this brings on, hair loss, very distressing for Tracy, sickness, tiredness and numerous more. 

I am currently contacting the writers of all the soap operas to suggest this as a story line no-one would believe. We have all managed to keep a fairly warped sense of humor during all of this. 

I hope this explains why I have been very quiet in the community and will be for the foreseeable future. 

On a side note a friend of the family has decided then since both my wife and her sister got diagnosed with  Breast cancer at nearly the same time they are going to do the Great North Run in aid of Breast Cancer care.  Details of this can be found here.


I am not asking people to donate but if you feel you would like to then please feel free to do so.

3 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    Sorry to hear your news - what awful luck for your family.

    If you didn't know, my wife Julia was diagnosed with a low grade lymphoma last summer. She's gone through 6 months of treatment and the good news is the low grade is treated. The bad news is in the last month or two of treatment, she contracted more lumps that are high grade. This isn't unusual but normally it takes years to 'transform' in this way. So she has a second six-month round of harsher treatment to undergo. Bummer.

    A big setback but she's resigned to it now and coping well.

    So you aren't alone. We wish your loved ones and you the very best of luck.

    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that, you've all gone through such a horrible ordeal, particularly to have it all happening at once.

    Send Tracy my love, we'll be hoping and praying that the rest of this year will be better than last year.

    I'm sure we will all be looking forward (when you are ready) to your return to writing - I know I've been missing reading your insightful posts.

    If there is anything we can do just let us know,

    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the news and things happened at once.

    Sending Love and strengths to your family.

    ReplyDelete